Monday, January 28, 2008

About Diverse Literature

I am interested in learning more about diverse literature, especially focusing on Children's literature. The more exposure I have to different and diverse pieces, the better my own classroom library will be; thus fitting the needs of my students as a whole. By taking this course I hope to develop the necessary skills and strategies as to what a good piece of literature looks like. As a future teacher, I do not want to be completely naive and have a library full of one type of writing and reading style. I want to have a diverse and well rounded library to fit all types of students and cultures. By taking this course I hope to obtain the knowledge as to what to look for in literature and what type of books to steer away from. I have high expectations for myself as both a student and a teacher and hope to fulfill these to the best of my knowledge and ability.

No comments: